You know, I am a simple German village boy, so to me, virtual reality is without virtue.
Found up on Sampradaya Sun:
Gaura Purnima in Second Life
by Satya devi dasi
Feb 25, USA (SUN) — Don’t have plans for Gaura Purnima, don’t live near a Temple, or just curious? Come visit Bhaktiville in Second Life and celebrate the opening of the new Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple. Second Life is an online, virtual reality community where many devotees have temples.
To find out more about Second Life, click here. We’re at Archers 186, 229, 33, or search in Events for Krishna. Come visit Bhaktiville and join the celebration!
Our schedule for Gaura Purnima is as follows (all times are Pacific Standard Time):
* 10 am: Fireworks and official opening ceremonies, Arati and Deity Flower Shower
* 11 am: Fireworks and lecture and greetings from Bhaktiville’s residents: Bhakti Thor, Bhakti Mimulus, and Dasi Lane
* 12 am: Fireworks and Virtual Prasadam at the Greenhouse Cafe, followed by tour of the grounds. Program will be repeated again at 3 pm
* 3 pm: Fireworks and opening ceremonies, Arati and Deity Flower Shower
* 4 pm: Fireworks and lecture and greetings from Bhaktiville’s residents: Bhakti Thor, Bhakti Mimulus, and Dasi Lane
* 5 pm: Fireworks and Virtual Prasadam at the Greenhouse Café, followed by tour of the grounds.
Bhaktiville is always open and we have created it for the pleasure of the devotees. We have many things for your spiritual enjoyment.
1. Sri Sri Radha Krsna are available for darshan any time of the day or night.
2. Offer your obeisances or a flower to the Deities.
3. Sit in the temple or Srila Prabhupada’s garden and chant japa.
4. Find the hidden grotto for meditation.
5. Sit by the ocean and read Srila Prabhupada’s books.
6. Sit on the pier by the ocean and watch videos or pick up some free gifts from the vendor.
7. Go to the Greenhouse Café—a relaxing atmosphere where virtual prasadam is served daily. Check out the cookbook for vegetarian recipes.
8. We have many animals in Bhaktiville—sheep, birds, our cows wander and float around, and our cat Kesava is very friendly.
Look forward to seeing you there! Contact email@example.com for more information. Hare Krishna!
It’s hard to comprehend virtual Krishna consciousness. What about virtual prasadam? Virtual chanting? What does the word VIRTUAL mean? If it’s the same as ACTUAL, then why would one replace the other? I think ACTUAL KRISHNA CONSCIOUSNESS would be all we need.
Virtual… I don’t know. It just seems like word jugglery.
Is this preaching or self aggrendisement? honest question not judgement. Pioneers are ofteen criticised.
Innovators can often not follow so re invent for their sense grat and for attention.
I suppose it is the desire intention and motivation.
Also devotee should not be envious. THerefore if mood is to serve and assist conditioned souls great.
Most temples including Shri Dham MAyapur are online…
Hare Krsna Hansadutta,
I’m sorry you think that our service is word jugglery. We are trying to bring together devotees who are not connected to the larger Vaishnava community through SecondLife. I’ve met devotees from all over the world there. We have many wonderful things going on and japa (with voice) 5 times a week. Yes, it’s experimental, so it’s always changing. Self-aggrandisement? We try to serve the devotees in whatever way we can and keep Krsna in the center. A devotee has posted some movies on YouTube about Bhaktiville; please check them out. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
Unfortunately, you commented on something you know nothing about, so how can anyone respond? Even thinking about Krsna is Krsna Consciousness and virtual requires much more than just thinking. What do you think of Bhagavatam classes over the phone? I know many devotees are doing that. I think you should pepper your comments with just a little bit of humility.
I agree with you all, I really dont kow anything about the above matter. Please forgive my impertinent remark. Whatever helps one to focus and remember and serve Krishna and Srila Prabhupada is as good as Krishna. Please forgive me .
P.S. I am not very digital or computer capable, so my prejudice has taken t he better of me, again , please excuse me.
Hare Krsna. Thank you very much Prabhu Hansadutta das for reconsidering, your consideration has made me very happy. Come and visit Bhaktiville, I think you will find some nice devotion there. Personally, I am a little awkward with ‘real’ KC, but online, it is much easier to be a part of everything. I think you would love the beautiful artistry that Dasi has created. I have been treated so nicely there and the only rule I have had to follow is to take off my virtual shoes. Radha Krsna are there, Gaura Nitai is there, Jagannath is there, and Prabhupada is there. If you need any help getting started developing a virtual devotee body, the folks there are pretty helpful with that too. I do recommend you try with a pretty powerful computer. Hare Krsna.